Monday 20 September 2010

It Came From Nowhere....

Transported across time by means yet unknown and of all the houses in the galaxy......"So nobody knows who is responsible for this?" I ask wondering why I am engaging in such a futile exercise.  Oh yes, I do know why.  It`s because it`s five am and while my body may have been unwillingly but successfully dragged out of bed, my brain merely mumbled "Five more minutes" and rolled over with a grunt. "Well, let`s blame it on Scotti from Star Trek then,shall we?" as I sigh and turn to look at the poo in the corner. I should be thankful for one saving grace at least, it`s a well rounded solid kind of poo. The kind you can depend upon to be picked up deftly in a tissue, without so much as a whimper, leaving very little residue behind. The other type....whose name shall not be spoken for fear of cursing myself, shrieks and wails like a banshee as it desperately seeks freedom through clenched fingers.....or that might be me screaming with distaste as another carpet goes to the dogs. My dastardly trio closed ranks even further as Batboy stared to the left, Batgirl eyes fixed to the right and Booby Slayer, lips pursed, one hand stuck down her nappy,eyes cast downward. "Well...until someone does the right thing and owns up to it, looks like today`s play date is off!" I threaten followed by a couple of seconds of ponderous silence then,like Pompeii Batgirl erupts with indignation. "It was Booby Slayer. I am a big girl now.I don`t do poo poos in the corner anymore,Mummy....and....." chased with Booby Slayer`s outburst. " He isn`t a poo poo. He`s my friend and his name is Piccachu!"  I slowly lower myself down onto Batboy`s bed,the sun lights up the room with her first salutary beams of the day, as the day`s first sibling hostility unfurls. "Piccachu is a cartoon person,you silly billy!"  The genesis of this particular altercation meanwhile sat completely indifferent to the impending maelstrom. "You a silly billy! He is Piccachu and he is my friend!"  I turn to look at Batboy having a giggle at his sisters.  "Fancy a cup of tea,Mum?"

No comments: