Saturday 30 April 2011

Something`s Afoot Again!

Foot is back. The left one. Not that Sir Foot has been away on holiday. Or fell off as I strolled leisurely around the park, only to notice a few hours later that something wasn`t quite right.......or left. Now while the rest of me is beyond doubt female, Sir Foot, albeit a cross dresser, is decidedly male. I have deduced this because a female would have better sense than to develop an injury when you might just need all your strength and dexterity to flee to safety. (Tokyo is still having aftershocks) Sir Foot has protested that it is in fact ole Achilles that just cannot be brought to heel. A bad carpenter always blames his tools, I say.

"What`s wrong with the foot?" Neighbour enquired as I hobbled around our front garden sorting garbage. "It`s the old Achilles problem," I explained," Thanks for your concern but please don......."  And was surprised to hear Neighbour repeat the same question ......but in the opposite direction towards the pathway this time and then hubby`s voice replying, " It`s the old Achilles problem. It`s no problem."

I managed to limp over without too much grimacing. Grimacing with make up on would be frightening enough. Grimacing with a bare face? I`d be up for premeditated murder.

"Thank you!"  I breathed in Japanese," But I am okay!"  Beaming my broadest smile as Neighbour continued to direct his gaze at hubby. " Must be difficult trying to look after three kids with a sore foot......" to which I interjected, "Thanks again for your concern but when you have three kids you just tend to get on with it!" Topped with another smile.

"It`s no problem, thank you" hubby reassured the Neighbour, who still hadn`t cast a glance in my direction. "Well!" I pushed in...literally with my face in front of hubby`s, trying to engage eye contact with Neighbour," I wouldn`t say totally no problem but you do what you have to do in these situations."

"Right then," grinned Neighbour as I made a gesture of lifting either armpit and sniffing it followed by a quick rendition of  Queen`s `The Invisible Man` through pursed lips," Everyone`s okay. See you later,"  And suddenly acknowledging my presence and holding his hands up in protest," Sorry. English. no no."

"What the hell," I throw at hubby as Neighbour retreats back under his....sorry, into his house."Excuse me but I thought I was speaking Japanese...."

"Leave it,Sweetie.! " soothed hubby ever the diplomat,"Are you going to make me one of your famous bacon butties?"

"I`ll have to gather mt strength about me," I joke," This foot might be affecting a lot more than my walking"

No comments: