Wednesday 11 May 2011

In The News. Yokohama Hotel Offers It Doggy Style....

Weddings that is.  A hotel in Yokohama is now offering the bride and groom the option of having their pet pooch along as a `witness`. Just as I was wondering what exactly the doggies in question would be sealing this momentous occasion with, the article then goes on to explain that the doggy `witnesses` attending can `seal their paws` on paper to show their corroboration on the joyful day.

www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/yokohama-hotel-offers-weddings-with-canine-witnesses

I can just imagine it. A whole new dimension in the `wedding stress` stratosphere opening. Instead of your future in laws arguing the toss over the flower arrangements or guest list, it could now be superseded with whose canine takes the momentous day`s biscuit. Would the bride be upstaged by little furry Tixibell decked out in matching mini dress,diamante and bouffant hair with decorations?

Over the last ten years in Tokyo, I`ve noticed the doggy presence intensifying on the streets. Canine restaurants springing up, doggy fashion stores, doggy salons and don`t get me on the doggy prams we now see everywhere. Don`t get me wrong! I adore animals but pampered pooches being wheeled around like wee bairns, dripping with designer clothes and jewellery has the `lights are on but nobody is home` or `please go get a life` pong to it. Save it for the reality shows set in totally unreal Hollywood. It`s like listening to nails scratching down a blackboard when you experience it constantly in your everyday life. particularly when you are forced to wait for an elevator with your twin toddlers in the double pram so a couple of ladies can go first with their wee poochies sleeping in their new doggy perambulators.

But maybe it`s my generation. My mum could never understand why I thought my Siouxie and the Banshee hairstyle was sexy.

No comments: