Tuesday 19 July 2011

Thank you Ma!

This is the life. I could get used to this. After the intense heat of the past week. I spot a neighbour`s head, bobbing along the top of my garden wall. "Lovely weather!"  I shout out in greeting. He laughs nervously. ( Most of the natives seem to get nervous round me for some unbeknown  reason.Must be my charisma.) "Make sure you close your shutters against the rain." he shouts over. " Thank you! I will!" I reply, eyeballs doing a roll up to the heavens shielded behind my Jackie Kennedy knock off sunglasses.

Talking about shutters, I tug at my top to ensure the booby twins haven`t done a Houdini in the tankini. Sarong is carrying herself very well in this wind. In fact, I`d better hold onto the curly wurly straw shaking with terror in my Vimto drink. A rumble of thunder heralds the  heavens opening and in gratitude, I hold up my face and embrace the rain. Rain that falls like the drapes of a million curtains. I can almost hear the plant life sigh with relief as I stand, holding my hands up under this humongous sports shower. A million tiny moisture beads bounce off my skin, refreshing and pummelling me. An image of me, stood under a breath taking waterfall, somewhere in the Amazon, all sultry waterproof liquid eyelinered up, a Cadbury`s Flake poised seductively before pouty lips...okay, I can dream on.

Elysium is disturbed by the sound of a shutter being unceremoniously dragged from above somewhere. Struggling to focus through a river of mascara, I see another neighbour staring curiously at me. "Are you okay? Typhoon Ma is hitting Tokyo!" She shouts over the wailing wind. I had to yell "Yes!" back twice before she nodded, laughed, shook her head and slammed the shutter closed.


I love a good typhoon,I do. Thank you, Ma! I`ll just finish my Vimto, the deckchair should stay put with my weigh on it.........

No comments: