Thursday 7 October 2010

A Simple Misunderstanding.

I have three gorgeous kids..... who I don`t want to kill most of the time. Two of them are little Princesses. One a wee bit bigger than the other. The bigger Princess is graduating into the whole Barbie doll scene. A tad more sophisticated, I was informed haughtily  than the whole Disney Princess doll scene the smaller,chubbier Princess is currently lounging in. And lounge they do,my little Princess`s adopted `siblings`, Belle,Aurora,Ariel,Cinderella and Jasmine are to be found most nights on the sofa.Snuggled up to my hubby as he slurps his beer while watching the current season of `House`  in Japan. I did feel a tad threatened at first but they are all one man gals. Unlike that floozy Snow White who was shacked up with seven guys one time. Anyway....I digress....

During an episode of `House` one particular moment resulted in hubby, who was in the act of downing a particularly large gulp of beer, to burst into an abrupt  bout of boisterous hilarity, causing him to forcefully expel his mouth of all beer contents all over the sofa and his mini groupies. A calamitous situation indeed. Aurora looked as if she`d barfed all down herself, Belle`s mascara was starting to run, Jasmine looked like something from a wet T-shirt contest. I took off their tiny gowns and hand washed them,wiped the pert boobies with a bum wipe and brushed their hair back into place.

Wee Princess was not impressed the following morn. I explained that Daddy had accidentally `poured` beer on her little pals but their dresses had been taken off and were drying in a sunny breeze as we spoke.Babysitter arrives and off out I toddle.

A couple of hours later I return and whilst in the kitchen making the sitter a cuppa....what a nice employee I am...........I hear wee Princess sobbing her heart out. Concerned,I dropped teabag back into cup and into the next room to find ta concerned babysitter kneeling in front of my wee one.

Babysitter. "Who is Dolly

Wee Princess. "She`s my best friend!"....sniffle sniffle

Babysitter. "Where does she live?"

Wee Princess.  "Here. In Asagaya".

Babysitter. "What did your Daddy do again?"

Wee Princess. "Made her drink beer and took her dress off....." Breaks into huge sobs with tendrils of nasal mucus along for the sympathy.


I thank the heavens above that the lady concerned knows my husband and I otherwise only the Lordy knows where or what this could have led to......

No comments: