Monday 22 August 2011

Becoming a CEO Isn`t As Easy As It Looks!

" Big,fat and furry!" The Booby Slayer enunciates slowly, accompanied by large sweeping gestures of her wee hands. The teacher, catching my eye makes shrugging motions and in Japanese. "I am sorry but I not sure what`s she talking about!"

"Our cat!" sighs Little Booby Slayer in frustration and Japanese. As we exited the daycare centre. "It`s about time they started doing a bit more English in there,Mummy." Huge, beautiful lakes of light brown stare in annoyance into my heavily Maybellined doors to the soul.

"Yes, I know,darling but it`s a Japanese daycare. They `do` Japanese. It`s a real gift for you to be able to speak different languages." I gently reply, giving the little hand a loving squeeze.

"But,Mummy!" Booby Slayer protests," Twinkle Twinkle Little Star sounds so poo poo in Japanese!"

I am working on it,lovie. Mummy trudged miles today, posting leaflets through all shapes and sizes of postboxes. Still no grabbers. Of the English lingo classes, that is.

"Come back and work for us full-time,"  My manager in the Big Company purred," Lots of perks!"

Yeah...I have no doubt about the perks. It`s just that scanning down the list, perk No 5, an office view  from the thirtieth something floor of Tokyo Bay...so close to the bay that I could hang out a rod and catch my dinner.....leaves me shivering in dread rather than delight. Maybe this is the Big Company`s new agenda on early retirement. Send the workers they don`t like out there just in case there`s another Big One with a tsunami encore. I didn`t vocalise this as not many people are `in tune` with my sense of humour.

Hubby already works quite a distance away. I don`t know. Call me a wuss but I want to be near the kids. We are still experiencing aftershocks. I want to be able to get to the kids quickly if.....touching wood here....anything else happens in Tokyo. I got a lot of classes in this great little place down the road. Now I am trying to drum up some students for my home classes. It`s akin to pulling teeth.And....if I cannot prove to the lovely folks down at the city office next month that teeth have indeedy been pulled, varnished and currently displayed on my trophy wall, they just might revoke my daycare.

" I think if we work together," beams Booby Slayer up at me," We can crack it!"

Keep positive in life.....and extend the net. Just not over Tokyo Bay.

No comments: