Wednesday 21 July 2010

Making Waves.

At least my my hairy regions have been successfully contained.In complete disparity,I may add to my fleshy areas which seem indomitable in their quest to reach new horizons.A touch of abstinence on the food front would most definitely make hubby's heart fonder whilst it would seem my confidence is on a fast. What smidgen I had,did a Greta Garbo months ago and hasn't been seen since.Flickering lights spotted dancing from under a door in the early hours of the morning,as I toss and turn,are the only signs that Ms Confidence is still with us at all.I thought I'd found salvation in the form of Tesco's 'George' chain of clothing hitting Seiyu Department stores earlier this year.Sizes...real sizes,for people over age sixteen, with boobs and who dare to weigh over fifty kilograms.Dangling that carrot outside Fraulein Confidence's door,I gleefully held up a T-shirt from the ladies section that didn't look as if it should belong two aisles down in the children's area. A beautiful grass green colour with a cute teddy bear,flower design and bold letters "Teddyies,flowers sun play with me,let's do,with together,shall you?".Crikey...I must be sloping down into a pit of destruction and self loathing.I can't even understand a simple English sentence any more.A vision of me sat,eating ten fish sausage sticks at once,crying out to the kitchen sink,"Now look what you made me do!" terrifyingly darted through my head as I heard a door bolt slammed violently into place.

Yep!  Not a hair  out of place or rather in the wrong place for me as I watch two beautiful teenagers glide past on two inch sandals,stringy bikinis hanging tenaciously onto healthy,slim bodies,Jackie Kennedy sunglasses reflecting the splash pool's scenery.There it is......I almost clap my hands in unadulterated glee .......unseen to the untrained eye..a single hair riding her big perfectly varnished toe.I check out my own toes.Nope,nail varnish might be looking a bit worse for wear but absolutely no hair...not even a bit of root snapped off and left.Start with the little things I tell myself again...then we can move onto the food  binging issues.Spurred on by this thought,I continue to paddle through the crowded tide pool over to my daughter,bobbing up and down in the waves. I adore water.This is absolute heaven.Gorgeous weather,all day in a huge splash pool arena with hubby and the kiddies. I heard on the radio that some parts of Tokyo had reached the big 35 by lunchtime. What better way to spend such a sweltering day? "Mummy."Bat Boy suddenly enquires of his Creator...well one of them anyway,"What the hell does your T-shirt say?" 

No comments: