Friday 9 July 2010

Rainy Day Fun.

God,this beer tastes sooooo good in this heat.Nectar of the Gods.Looking down.Don't think my tum looks so bad in the new double corseted swimming armour I splashed out on yesterday.Well,I think the term 'splashed out' isn't really apt at all when considering a swimming costume is a necessity in summer.'Splash out on' conjures up images of impulsive purchases,things you bought that seemed a superlative idea in that moment but send you reeling with a 'what planet was I on' six months later,as you yank them out of a cupboard,the dust bringing on a lengthy coughing fit.One such memory floods back with savage intensity as Bat Girl jumps into the pool,her pink ballet tutu complimented delightfully with pink flowers on vomit inducing yellow background pop socks.A fall out after a huge disagreement with hubby a few years back.The things he's made me do.The Booby Slayer follows a second later,again in a ballet outfit with rubber tiara then Bat Boy decked out gloriously in full pirate attire complete with stubble and an eye patch.I watch them all splash around in the water,their cries of delight echoing out into the neighbourhood.

I don't care.We just had to get out of the house.The kids were turning feral.I am going to make moulds out of the claw marks in the walls later.Maybe I can start my own Yeti hoax right here in Tokyo suburbia.There are only so many games of Connect 4 you can play before your own synaptic connectors start snapping.And it's probably not wise to brag that I can name and describe to a tee every character from the Guess Who? game.Don't even go there on Monopoly.....Lordy,do I need another swig of beer.The patio is one long,psychedelic,chalk,mosaic.I giggle to myself as I wonder what Rorschach would make out of all the bum bum,poo poo and monster shapes.Oh...or maybe I shouldn't as I peer a little more closely at the squiggles and dots here and there.I am in awe,transfixed as a dragonfly alights onto my chair's armrest.I marvel at how incredibly breath taking nature's brush is.Maybe she...I sense that she is a she....has been cooped up with three feral dragon babies all day and is having a bit of fresh air.

The patio door sliding open,along with the children's chirpy "Kaeri nasai" greetings,(Daddy.You are home!)heralds hubby's return. I swing my umbrella a little to the right to get a better view of him."Welcome home,my little samurai warrior.How was work today?Dinner's ready!"I coo,remembering to suck in my stomach."Lovey...it's pouring with rain,"laughs hubby."Why are you all outside in the pool?"Standing up,lifting my chair out of the pool and  up onto the balcony with one hand,"It was so hot and the kids and I were just losing it!"Hubby's face creases into a frown."Well,come on in and let's have dinner.It smells delicious.Did you cannibalise the onions in butter for a while,like I showed you?"he asks retreating to the kitchen."Yes,they were machete to death slowly and the ones that didn't die immediately were left to drown in boiling butter,"I replied throwing towels onto wriggling,giggling wee bodies. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay pooltime at last!

Tokyo to Blackpool in one swoop. said...

In more ways than one!